- Face-to-face meetings, personal contacts and expertise played a major role in building a business.
- Family business Murskaussuunnittelu (Eng. “Crushing Design”) was founded by Nuutti Vartiainen.
- Murskaussuunnittelu designed crushing and screening plants for other construction companies.
- Laatusora (Eng. “Quality Gravel”) trade name was registered.
- Laatusora sold, produced and delivered gravel, sand and landfill. The company also manufactured semi-finished and finished goods for the construction industry and carried out contracting work for excavation.
- The most advanced tools in the workshop were a forging hammer and welding equipment.
Laatusora’s gravel pit in Hollola around 1965.